Monday 26 December 2011

Development Plan and Custom 6502 Emulator

I'm starting to get some good ideas on what exactly I'll be seeking to build. A quick development plan (component view) has been added to my Blog Pages. You can take a look at this here.

And in further thinking about how to write a debugger for a C64 emulator - I realised that it's going to be very tough building a Debug Engine (DE) in Visual Studio against a system (say CCS64 or WinVice) that I don't know a lot about (yet!). So for this reason, I've started to build a 6502 emulator in .NET and will attempt to create my first DE against that. My reasoning is that if I have a really simple "engine" - and I wrote it, then I can begin to appreciate what it will take to build a fully fledged DE. The documentation and walk-throughs on the web for debug engine development is next to non-existent! I need every advantage I can muster.

 And besides, so far writing the 6502 emulator (supported by what's shaping up to be a C64 platform that it sits on) has been really cool.

I've also started a new Blog Page on that endeavour (Writing a 6502 emulator in .NET).

No comments:

Post a Comment