Wednesday 14 December 2011

Others are doing it too...

OK - so looking around the interwebs shows me that a few others have got something going between Visual Studio, their assembler of choice, and WinVice.

This is good! It means I'll have a good perspective on what currently works and how to, hopefully, make it better.

A good discussion on this can be found over at noname64.org here. This discussion happened a couple of years ago - but there's not a whole lot else I could find on the subject. I'll be sure to add to the comments if I see any similar links.

So the task for me now... set up a dev environment as others have done and see what can be improved on or changed. Now another thing that has come very obvious to me as I research this - is that I don't actually know what is a good set up for developing for the C64 is right now!! :) A bit of a case of putting the cart before the horse, I know... but what can I say? I'm ready to charge right in and get something going...

So maybe then, I should also find out how to construct a development environment in the typical manner:

Editor -> Assembler -> Emulator -> Real 64 (well I think that's how it works anyway! :)

I've created a new page: Setting up a C64 development environment - which I will construct over the coming weeks... Sure, everyone does it different, but there's a generic view that I'm sure I can define.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment